Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Up and running

So... scores on the doors...

52.2 miles ridden
24.70 GBP saved
2,500 calories burned

I have also established some rules...

I only ride zones 1 - 4. Further than that I take alternative transport
I only leave my bike overnight either in my flat or the office secure car park

Most importantly, I have learned some key lessons:

  • Do not sit on white sofa with red chain lube in pocket (thank heaven for IKEA washable sofa covers)
  • Stupid people are the most dangerous... specifically novice cyclists in baby pink kit and silly little rich girls on scooters who don't need a licence but capable of doing a lot more damage than other cycles
  • Put chain lube on bike BEFORE affixing panniers - otherwise can't lift it and more ends up on me than chain
  • GPS is remarkably sturdy, but would be better to make sure is in holder rather than let it fly off into middle of road too many times
  • I may feel like Nicole Cooke with panniers, but cars can still accelerate faster

No comments: